Welcome to Current TV
Taleban 'cleared from Kandahar'
A Nato spokesman said troops had met little resistance in Arghandab district near the city and there had been only sporadic clashes.
Afghan officials say 56 Taleban and two Afghan troops died in the fighting, but there is no independent confirmation.
Hundreds of people fled their homes in the Arghandab area before the operation which involved more than 2,000 troops.
The operation began on Wednesday after the Taleban said they had taken charge of large parts of the district near the provincial capital.
At a joint press conference, a Nato spokesman said troops were now firmly in control of the area.
more from Community:
from the community