I think the teacher should have kept a closer eye on all the pupils to prevent this happening and certainly a Risk Assessment should be put in place following this accident to prevent or limit it ever happening again, to lose your fingers - it doesnt bear thinking about, I feel so very sorry for the youngster. Think on kids before you do anything stupid!
wow. when we worked with plaster of paris in school we were told it could in fact burn you because of the chemical reaction and not to touch it while is was mixing or setting. The teacher probably didn't explain the risk, but the girl obviously wasn't capable of following instructions. I feel bad for her though, that really sucks. I can't imagine how horrible the actual situation must've been when it was happening.
Why didn't they give her name? Shit, If I am walking down the street and see those ate up mitt's I'm yellin' " Ha! your that stupid bitch I read about on current, and now I know why you wanted your name kept private? Your ugly and stupid. "