Welcome to Current TV
200 arrested as hardcore anarchists fight police long into night in Battle of Trafalgar Square after 500,000 March
* 84 people injured - and at least 31 police officers hurt on day of violence
* Ritz hotel attacked with paint and smokebombs and 1,000 occupy Fortnum & Mason
* Protesters surge along Piccadilly, Regent Street and Oxford Street forcing shops to close
* Lightbulbs filled with ammonia hurled at police officers
* Labour leader Ed Miliband defends speech to marchers
Over 200 people were arrested as extremists brought violent chaos to central London yesterday after hijacking the much-heralded trade union protest against public spending cuts.
A massive clear-up operation was underway today after trouble continued to flare late into the night as hundreds of people clashed with officers in Trafalgar Square.
Police confirmed 201 people were in custody and there had been 84 reported injuries during the protests. At least 31 police were hurt with 11 of them requiring hospital treatment.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370053/TUC-anti-spending-cuts-protest-2...
more from Community:
from the community