Welcome to Current TV
The worst part about the new year is the distinct lack of quality coming out. If you're superstitious, you'd think that nothing worth while is getting released until February or March. We're here to dispel that myth faster than Adam and Jamie. After all, we've got your DVDo's and DVDon'ts for today's miniscule releases.
The "Ten Years Lat--er...Awkward..." Blu-Ray Special Edition: 10 Things I Hate About You. Man, thank goodness nothing life shattering or awkward happened to any of these actors. Yep. Oh, includes "exclusive cast interviews" discussing the film. Mm. Yeah.
- Elvis Presley Gladiators: The 1974 Elvis Karate Legacy Project: because you're bored this week.
- -Loren Cass is a dark horse I haven't seen. But if it embodies the seedy American underbelly that festered from poetry and "beats," plus Aaron Hillis and Andrew Grant from Benten Films dig it. Good enough for me.
- -Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has an "Interactive 'Splat' Button." Hours of amusement, I figure. Or at least, like one, and then throwing something at the TV.
- -The Final Destination waves its' 3D everywhere, but the Blu-Ray promises "Body Count: The Deaths of Final Destination." Which has been on YouTube forever.
- -Street Fighter: The Movie Extreme Edition is just a DVD and a Blu-Ray copy. EXTREME.
- -Trucker. On one hand, I've heard people rave about this. On the other, it was pushed quietly to DVD with a tiny theatrical release after garnering no buzz at Tribeca 2008. It spent nearly a year on a shelf before some claimed Michelle Monaghan was a lock for an award--yet that chance looks utterly dead after Precious and The Blind Side are giving faux-male empowerment
- movies blog
more from movies blog:
from the community