How to celebrate your independence like an American
By Regina Luz / current.com / @CurrentRegina
As our nation's birthday quickly approaches, families will roll out the sparklers, couples will enjoy the fireworks, and I will be offline, eating pie and watching "Independence Day," obviously. Here are some ideas to celebrate America's big 236!
1. Grab some friends and carry oversized flags all over Washington, D.C.
2. Wear flag prints — if you don't have any, start knitting right now!
3. Wear red, white and blue face paint. No pouting allowed! (We see you, Sasha.)
4. Have you always wanted to meet a president? Easy! Grab some stilts and suit up as Uncle Sam.
5. Stock up on fireworks.
6. Participate in a hot-dog-eating contest, then vomit your patriotism all over the competition.
7. Party like it's 1776!
8. Don't sweat the small stuff.
9. Take a nap — it's only Wednesday, and you forgot to take the rest of the week off work.
Have a safe Fourth of July, everybody!
(Photo: Getty Images)