Cenk is joined by his Florida primary panel — Michael Shure, Ben Mankiewicz, Craig Crawford and USC professor Ange-Marie Hancock. Newt Gingrich so badly wants to ruin Mitt Romney’s chances for president that, Crawford says, “He’s opened a religious war on Romney.” Hancock says, “Romney is playing into his hands by refusing to talk about it. It reminds me of the way that Hillary Clinton didn’t want to talk about sexism on the campaign trail in 2008 — until it was too late.” Cenk calls on “half-Mormon” Mankiewicz — his mother left the church at 18 — who says, “It’s legitimate to talk about — if we talk about it in a grown-up way. The nature of this conversation is ugly and not honest.”
TONIGHT at 7E/4P: Brett Erlich and Ben Mankiewicz join Cenk to talk about the congressional committee hearing about the IRS and Anthony Weiner's return to politics. Plus, Sen. Ginny Lyons aims to get corporate money out of politics. JOIN THE LIVE CHAT.
- Michael Hastings: ‘Obama has clearly declared war on the press’
- Petroleum coke being stored near Detroit River is ‘the dirtiest by-product from the dirtiest source of oil on the planet’
- If IRS has been targeting conservative groups, ‘the culture of the [Obama] administration is called into question’
- ‘We got what we wanted,’ Cenk says of Komen’s Planned Parenthood reversal — is it time to forgive and forget?
- Ana takes on anti-abortion activist’s flawed Planned Parenthood revenue figures: ‘You’re making that number up’
- If going negative can win Florida for Romney, how long will it take for Obama to join in the hate parade?