Michael Shure, Michael Hastings and Tricia Rose discuss President Obama’s interview about same-sex marriage, how Vice President Joe Biden’s remarks were “the final straw” that forced the White House to “reveal” its hand early, and how Mitt Romney and the right wing are reacting. Rose says, “This was a brave gesture, but Obama is going to take a beating from the right wing. They are waiting for this type of fodder… We should understand this as a long-term and vicious battle.”
TONIGHT at 7E/4P: Brett Erlich and Ben Mankiewicz join Cenk to talk about the congressional committee hearing about the IRS and Anthony Weiner's return to politics. Plus, Sen. Ginny Lyons aims to get corporate money out of politics. JOIN THE LIVE CHAT.
- Michael Hastings: ‘Obama has clearly declared war on the press’
- Petroleum coke being stored near Detroit River is ‘the dirtiest by-product from the dirtiest source of oil on the planet’
- If IRS has been targeting conservative groups, ‘the culture of the [Obama] administration is called into question’
- Did 9/11 prompt NYPD to just ignore citizens’ civil rights or did racist policies like stop and frisk start long before?
- Why would Florida’s Stand Your Ground law apply in Jordan Davis shooting when it doesn’t even seem to be self-defense?
- Cenk on Jordan Davis shooting in Florida: ‘Look at the ramifications when you still have stereotypes against black people’