My name is Steve, -Yes, that's me shaking my fist at Gawd with the cross above me- I'm happily agnostic, and subscribe to a branch of philosophy called Realism. I am a Socialist.
Rational people, music, (both listening to and playing), natural beauty, wildlife, good food, wine, herbal refreshment and walking on water. OK, I'm still working on the walking on water part.
Fundamentalism in all its nefarious forms, most of Americas current capitalist driven pop-culture and music. professional sports (nothing wrong with playing sports for fun though) or any other form of vicarious identification, and self-centered people who don't give a damn about how their existence affects our planet or anyone else but themselves. My name is Steve, -Yes, that's me shaking my fist at Gawd with the cross above me- I'm happily agnostic, and subscribe to a branch of... more
Ending plutocracy for change (14 members)
Politics (1610 members)
Culture (1224 members)
Community (3310 members)
Progressive America (267 members)
Create Episodes (0 members)
Art of the Revolution (18 members)
- What I would Change About the World: I would entirely eliminate the current idiotic and genocidal capitalist economic system, and I would also get rid of any and all religion.
- Current Project: Book
- Influences/Heroes: Like most of us, there are several people and events that have influenced me, and although there are people that I certainly have a great deal of admiration for, I refuse to engage in hero worship, which is part of our current dysfunctional social paradigm.
- Political Bent: Although my philosophy of Realism supersedes my politics, the best I could describe myself as, is as a progressive Socialist.I believe that in the end, what it all comes down to, is we ether have mutual cooperation, or mutual annihilation, the choice is ours.
- Favorite Movies: Citizen Kane, Das boat, Cabaret, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Dead Man, 1984, Stalag 17, Patton, The Trial, 13 angry men, West by Northwest, Lemonade Joe, Pleasantville, It's A Mad Mad Mad World, I Of The Needle, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Saving Pvt. Ryan, My Fair Lady, The Big Lebowski, Topper, Topper Returns, The Egg and I, The Adventures of Ma And Pa Kettle just about any Marx Brothers movie, the Three Stooges, the Three Musketeers-1980s Disney version-Glen or Glenda? Plan Nine From Outer Space, Time Bandits, The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen, A Bridge Too Far, The Pirates of Penzance, Casablanca, Blazing Saddles, History of The World, anything by Monty Python, the Matrix trilogy, Joe Versus the Volcano......
- Celebrity Crush: Because I'm no longer a teenager, I do not have a crush on anyone.