Retired meat cutter who has also worked as; an air traffic control supervisor in the USAF, a concrete finisher, trim carpenter, custom framer, arts and crafts teacher, janitor, sales clerk, farmer, house painter, and a few more.
Lived on a farm and was self sufficient back in the 1970s. Vegetarian then but carnivore now, prefer natural free range critters.
Love good wine and good conservation spiced with mild disagreements. Retired meat cutter who has also worked as; an air traffic control supervisor in the USAF, a concrete finisher, trim carpenter, custom framer,... more
- What I would Change About the World: Fewer idiots in charge
- Current Gig: Retired
- Current Project: Retired
- Influences/Heroes: Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, David Hackworth, Jimmy Carter, Barrack Obama
- Organizations: AARP, ACLU, SPCA, Amnesty International, Sierra Club
- Political Bent: Bleeding heart liberal and proud of it!
- Favorite Bands: Forget the bands, give me the Berlin Philharmonic
- Favorite Directors: Akira Kurosawa, John Hudson, Otto Preminger
- Favorite Movies: Dances With Wolves, Gandhi, Seven Samurai, A Christmas Story
- Favorite TV Shows: Globe Trekker, Star Trek, Great Performances
- Favorite Track: Anything by Beethoven
- Celebrity Crush: Valintina Lisita, so talented and so good looking, browrrr!
- charliesommers commented on Petition: Remove Hate Radio from our Armed Forces Radio 7 months ago
It is true that the upper echelons of the military tilt right, about two-thirds of majors and higher-ranking officers identify as conservative, as previous studies found. But that tilt becomes... more
- charliesommers commented on Todd Akin's Female Army: We Want to Stand With Him 8 months ago
I was walking past a chicken coop just yesterday and saw a group of hens with their beaks surgically removed, each standing in an area of less than one square foot, cackling loudly and waving... more
- charliesommers commented on Rush Limbaugh blames feminists for his tiny penis | Scholars and Rogues 8 months ago