I have come to believe that the primary purpose of politics is to create division among people who have 95% of all things in common. The things we have in common are real things, the need for food, water, shelter and love. The things over which we fight are thoughts, beliefs, superstitions and grudges. One one hand, there are the issues that would exist with or without our presence and on the other, things that only exist in our minds. The insanity is that this picture is not intuitively obvious to the casual observer.
Meanwhile, I have reached the point in my life where I have little tolerance for willful ignorance and none at all for intellectual dishonesty. I am not quite to the "get off my lawn" stage but I suppose it is coming. Meanwhile, I love fishing, especially for flounder and I appreciate an occasional dark beer. I have come to believe that the primary purpose of politics is to create division among people who have 95% of all things in common. The things we... more
- College: Univ of Alabama
- What I would Change About the World: Create an environment where people are unable to disguise their agendas. If you truly believe in taking over third world countries to steal their resources, state so plainly ... mandatory courage of one's convitions.
- Organizations: no thanks
- Political Bent: Currently ... Apathy, Disgusted ...
- Favorite Bands: unfair question "A" Allman Brothers "B" Beatles "C" Clapton "D" Derek Trucks "E" Ethan and the Ewox "F" Feat (Little) "G" G. Love "H" Heart "I" I'm bored with this ;), J. J. Cale, Keller Williams, Lyle Lovett, Mayall, New Grass Revival, Ocasek (Rick), Pink Floyd, Queen, Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, The Mighty Temps, Uriah Heep, Van Halen, Little Stevie Wonder, X? - geez, Neil Young, ZZ Top ,
- Favorite Directors: Ron Howard, Quentin Tarantino
- Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Chicago
- Favorite Track: One Big Love, Change the World, Jessica, In Memory of Elizabeth Reid, Abbey Road (pick one), Anything from Dark Side, Aqualung, How many words do I get?
- Celebrity Crush: Emmylou Harris